As a senior data scientist, you'll be responsible for extracting more value from our rich data sources, by applying machine learning and by integrating your models into data products and services. You will work on a great diversity of datasets and data science problems. To give you an idea, some of our current use-cases:
• A deep-learning event-detection system that processes camera images to give us insight into what is going on in the turnaround process.
• A system that predict customers flows
As a senior data scientist, you will work closely with business stakeholders and the team of data scientists and data engineers to:
• Together with our product manager and the business identify new opportunities and translate those into data science projects
• Work with a variety of complex data sources ranging from radar data to IoT sensors
• Implement algorithms on these dataset
• Work on taking and running models production
Your added value
As a next-generation professional you have a clear vision, courage and focus. Innovation and agile working are an absolute priority. You improve yourself every day so that you can be the best. You are introspective and resilient. You believe that creating a good atmosphere is essential for a successful, respectful and welcoming workplace. Your natural approachability enables you to connect with people. You are passionate about your work, and are curious and open to new developments, with a mindset keyed to possibilities and opportunities. If you also have the following qualifications, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Competencies and skills:
• MSc or PhD in a relevant field, like mathematics, physics, computer science etc.
• Analytical and content strength (in DS/DE work field): sees which DS techniques apply to the business problem at hand and be able to structure the approach.
• A curious mindset and an appetite for learning new things every day.
• Team player: strikes effective balance between independence and acting in the interest of the team. We’ll be looking for a real ‘click’.
• Perseverance and a hacker mind-set: no quitting on hard problems and effective dealing with set-backs
• We are looking for good programmers (Python a must).
• Communicative skills: fluent in English is a must. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
• Entrepreneurial, responsible and with a contagious level of enthusiasm.
You are knowledgeable and have experience with:
• Machine Learning algorithms and how to implement these on complex data sets. You have a good understanding of basic ML-algorithms like Random Forests, Logistic Regression, (linear) dimensionality reduction techniques, clustering techniques etc.
• Experience applying techniques outside of these basic methods, for example working with Bayesian methods, experience with time series, experience in geospatial statistics, experience in computer vision, experience in NLP or some other specialized discipline.
• Experience in running models in production (deployment, monitoring, A/B testing, etc.)
• Languages: Python (a must). Other languages like Scala are a pre
• Libraries & Tooling:
- The SciPy stack (Pandas/Numpy etc.)
- Git & CI/CD setup
- Linux and Bash
- Exposure to engineering tooling like Docker, Kubernetes is a very big plus
• Leading and supervising projects with several other data scientists and collaborating with engineers.
• 4+ years of experience as a data scientist required.