Lead Datastage Designer
For our prestigious client, we are currently looking for a Lead Datastage Designer
As Lead Designer-developer, you will:
• Lead, draft and document design on Hadoop based on requirements from the business
• Need to be able to think of generic ways to build queries, reporting requests to avoid rework in the future
• Design dimensional models to meet the business reporting needs
• Design the technical ETL solution (define the technical interface, specs for the source systems, the ETL processes from landing zone till storage) and develop the solution with IBM DataStage
• Design the physical relational data model in collaboration with the database administrator
• Define the scheduling requirements for ETL processes in the data warehouse
• Develop & test (unit test, functional test and data profiling) the ETL processes
• Prepare the releases & installation instructions
• Provide documentation and support the developers
• Create best practices
• Handle hotline by solving the problems linked to ETL raised by the end users
• Find the right balance between cost and quality/completeness while always considering the clients as our priority.
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing applications
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
• Analyses requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components
• Undertakes functional and/or technical application designs in the context of projects and/or system maintenance activities. Any designs for particularly critical parts of systems are often submitted to an Application Architect.
- Undertakes complex systems designs and may contribute to the supervision and/or validation of the development process, using allocated colleagues as necessary for detailed analysis and coding activities.
- Designs applications in line with the required business and operational requirements, while being compatible with the enterprise wide architectural and design guidelines.
- Ensures the correct translation of the business requirements and operational constraints into a structured and efficient set of functional and data models.
- Leads the process of detailed design. .Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- May be responsible for the quality review of the functional and technical design delivered by less experienced designers
- Is responsible for the quality review of the program specifications, and documentation performed by the people assigned to the development of own design.
- May produce program specifications for complex or critical applications and be in charge of the quality review of the coding, testing and debugging of these programs.
- May make a significant contribution to the improvement of standards for the application design function
- May occasionally :
- Contribute to application testing activities
- Guide and support people who are in charge of fixing problems and making enhancements to application software’s running in production
- Has full knowledge of all phases of applications design, as well as a good understanding of the application development and testing phases . Has a strong understanding of the business or function for which application is designed.
Required skills and role
- We are looking for a senior profile with technical skills and a strong interest for the financial business.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in:
- designing data models in a data warehouse context and developing applications in IBM DataStage.
- application support/development
- Knowledge in mainframe development technologies
* Strong team player.
* Strong communication skills and are willing to interact with both business/internal clients and your technical colleagues.
* Good analytical skills as well as interest to solve problems in a complex environment.
* Proven experience with delivering major projects and managing their design complexity and the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
* Ability to learn quickly how an application works
* Ability to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way
* Spoken and written English is a must
* Ability to review and challenge senior colleagues on their deliverables
* Willingness to go out the core competence (e.g. perform testing of queries, reporting, etc.)
English speaking site, Brussels central. WFH during Covid times but mostly on site post Covid
If you have the required skills and interested to apply, please send your CV now for immediate consideration